I sat on the bench for twelve years and am experienced in many aspects of the law. I am a certified divorce mediator in the State of Michigan and have proven that I can be impartial and nonjudgmental to both sides. I can help resolve civil disputes, divorce, and other conflict situations without lengthy litigation - reducing the costs to all parties.
- Howell High School
- Washtenaw Community College, Associates Degree with high honors,
- University of Michigan
- Michigan State University, B.S. in criminal justice with honors
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctorate
- State of Michigan, certified Divorce Mediator
- Employed at the Livingston County Prosecuting Attorney's Office for 9 years.
- 1979 - Co-founded the Livingston Area Council Against Spouse Abuse (LACASA) and served as past President and Board Member.
- In private practice for 15 years in areas of divorce, criminal law (public defender) and probate.
- 2007 - Elected to the 53rd District Court
- 2013 - Re-elected to the 53rd District Court
- 2009 - Founded Intensive Treatment Court, engaging defendants with mental illness in a more productive and long-lasting way.
- 2014 - Founded Livingston County Veteran's Treatment Court, a special court for veteran defendants to give proper attention to those who have served all of us and now find themselves in troubled times.
- State Bar of Michigan, member
- Livingston Area Council Against Spouse Abuse (LACASA), co-founder, past president, past board member
- Legislative Committee of the Michigan District Court Judge’s Association, past member
- American Judges Association, past member
- Federalist Society, member
- National Alliance of Mentally Ill, past member
- Livingston Interdisciplinary Professional Association (LIPA), member
- Goldwing Riders Association, member
- Habitat for Humanity, past board member
- Second Chance Support Network (SCSN), board member
- Divorce S.M.I.L.E. Program